November 26, 2009

i'm thankful

I'm thankful that as I write this post I can sit on my bed, stare at the Empire State Building, and listen a bird chirp on my fire escape.

I'm thankful for my two legs, that week after week have proved me wrong as I continue to train for a half-marathon.

I'm thankful I have a job- that I almost always love :)

I'm thankful that although I earn a tiny salary, I still have enough to make Christmas better for other people in the City.

I'm usually thankful for my next door neighbor who entertains me with his mad karaoke skills morning, noon, and night. Show tunes, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey Christmas, you name it. (Currently singing acapello as I type, which is probably why he's even making it in this post.)

I'm thankful for Apostle's Church, because I swear sometimes God created it just for me.

I'm literally thankful for stretchy pants- love of my life.

I'm thankful for trashy reality television.

I'm thankful for my roommate, who I've known and loved for 16 years!

I'm thankful for Liz, who is cooking our entire Thanksgiving feast today, for Bethany who is making Trashy Jello Pretzel Pie (??), for Riley who flew in from Texas and immediately bought 6 bottles of wine, and Renee who is totally on board with the "Stretchy Pants must be worn to T'Giving Dinner" rule.

I'm thankful for the friends I hardly get to see, yet their friendships continue to be marked by trust and love.

I'm thankful for my family, full of laughter and abundant love for one another.

I'm thankful for my Savior, who on a daily basis dies for me, challenges me, humbles me, comforts me, and unconditionally loves me.




Thanks be to God for his indescrible gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments: